Amy Joslin

PARTTRAP, 2009

Biography

Born in Hong Kong and raised in Peru / Salisbury, Amy Joslin is now based in Glasgow after recently graduating from Sculpture at Glasgow School of Art (2009).

Artists Statement

Predominantly sculptural, at times animated through performative works, my practice broadly explores relationships between object and body, ‘other’ and ‘self.’ It finds influence from structural forms found in aspects of architecture and industry, whilst also initiating a dialogue between these and the more organic and natural. My work often plays with ideas surrounding functionality in relation to form, and has recently been dominated by an exploration of ceramics; I am fascinated by this material’s versatility, its metamorphic properties and the role it has played within differing cultures. My approach to art-making is to allow work to develop intuitively, and I consider the act of creating of equal importance to the final outcome.